Product Feature of the Month: Bulk Bag Unloader
Manufacturing or construction sites are the locations where handling, unpacking or dispatching of huge items is a routine procedure. In the past, these operations were done manually, but as the technology and engineering methods have advanced, automated machinery has completely changed and influenced these processes.
Unloading the bulk bags is one major operation on sites, which carry various materials like sand, rocks, chemicals, etc. it is crucial that every Bulk Bag unloader is engineered in the most appropriate manner by keeping the points of safety and effectiveness in mind. We hope to provide some further education on Bulk Bag Unloaders and answer any questions that you may have.
Design of Bulk Bag Unloader
The operational scaffold of the bulk bag unloader is specially drafted to perform this function in a way that will enhance the overall procedure. There is an electric elevator, cantilevered I- beam, and a trolley that is used to load or unload the bulk bags.
In a low ceiling areas, the unloader frames with forklift are used so that they could be easily managed. In other designs, there are half frames also available with current elevator and railing system that could be used to fill the bulk bags or unload them. Some bulk bag unloader are customized as per the industry requirements.
Styles of the bulk bag unloader
These bulk bags are specially designed to improve labor performance and enrich productivity. This mechanical equipment is available in few designs and features, such as:
Elevator and trolley unloader
In this type of unloader, the bag is attached to the hoops on its corner and the elevator is near to the ground. The unloader’s operator then lifts the bag taking it on to cantilevered I- beam and placing it over the valve. After that, the valve will be opened by the operator and the discharge the contents of the bag in the chamber, pack the valve and remove the bag. This A-frame designed unloader is available with the maximum volume of 4000 lbs.
With the attached lift pockets, the forklift hands the bag from the transporter. In this carrier, there are four loops joined that holds the bag firmly while performing the expulsion process. The carrier and bulk bag are placed on the unloader by the fork truck. When the fork truck ensures that the carrier has reached, the valve is then opened and all the material is shifted on to the chamber or box. The valve is then closed and the bag is ready to release. Usually, these fork lifters have the capacity of 4000 lbs.
Traits of the Bulk Bag Unloader
For larger scale operations, it is important that these bulk bag unloaders are up to the mark and designed with all the precautions in mind. The characteristics of an ideal bulk bag unloader are:
- The frame must be designed in a fitting that will stay intact during operation or when space is limited and linked to other equipment properly.
- Enduring full- bodied frame drafted for your particular bulk bag dimension and purpose.
- Have an air- filled side bag shakeup.
- For binding the bag, there must be a pinch regulator.
- An air- filled confrontation bag.
- Dust controlling system
- Have the function of depositing the small elements itself.
- Collect the boxes, which are drafted as per your usage.
How to choose a right bulk bag unloader?
While choosing the right bulk bag unloader, it is important to keep few points in mind:
- Always choose the style that suits your operational requirements such as forklift style or hoist and trolley design.
- In elevators, you get a diverse range of options such as with chain rope or wire or with the electrical specifications.
- If any material is troublesome to dole out, then the unloader must have the inflated bag dissenter.
- Whenever there is a necessity, the pinch regulator must have this ability to retire the bags.
- Have the function of batching so that the batches could be weighted when required.
- The unloader should have the dust control option so that the dust could be collected. Moreover, with the dust collector, the machine will require less space and are economical as well.
- With electric pan vibration system, the material release becomes easier.
- It is ideal if the unloader has the conditioning function integrated into it as this allows hassle-free dispensation and efficient material movement.
- If the unloader has E3 discharge system then the chances of spilling of any sort of material or chemical during the process will reduce.
- In addition to bulk bags, you can use combination hopper as well. These are good for settling the drums, sacks, containers or bags.
The bulk bag unloaders are widely used with other equipment in factories and plants. Sometimes, client’s machinery is of distinctive nature that requires handling of material in a different way. Thus, for this purpose, the machinery is designed in a customized way. It could be the hoist and trolley or forklift style.
For instance, sometimes the client is from the food industry, which requires the bulk bag unloader of an entirely dissimilar style. Therefore, the change in entire design is necessary to handle that type of material.
Safety characteristics of bulk bag unloader
Safety is the ultimate feature of any engineering equipment. From management, filling, unraveling, retying and detaching of the material via bulk bag discharger, taking security into account is the foremost priority.
There must be safety locks, clicked sounds, and manufacturing of the unloader must be in a way that will make sure the application of entire procedure swiftly. With the sensors, it is easy to find out that the bag is placed in the correct location. Likewise, with the solid- wired elevator holders, the bulk bag is positioned exactly over the discharger and not anywhere else.
As we discussed earlier that with the joined dust collector, the other equipment and operators present in the surroundings will be protected from any particles. This will diminish your preservation cost along with the subtle functioning of the procedures.
Reach out to the ESP team to answer any additional questions.